6.1K views
1.7

The company hud homes department is a scam!After paying roughly $200 in attempt to increase my presence in the South Florida real estate market, they wouldnt respond to my emails or call!

I was supposed to get REO training material...at least 2 listings every 45 days...and a few buyer leads per month as apart of their package. AFTER I PAID, I COULDNT EVEN GET THEM ON THE PHONE! They sent me a total of 5 buyer leads, EXCEPT 3 OF THEM WERE FOR BUYERS INTERESTED IN NEW YORK.

DONT TRUST MARK AVERETTE.PROOF OF EMAILS ATTACHED!

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Had an Experience with Hud Homes?

Comments

My name is Kristen Taylor, and I'm looking for an agent in your local area to pair up with a lender and work with home buyers looking to purchase.We are only looking for One agent and One lender per county.

We do not put any agents in competition with each other, or split our buyers between companies. Because we only need one agent for the county, we fill the area on a first come, first serve basis.

If you are interested in working with our buyer, please contact me directly at your earliest convenience.

Happy Holidays,

Kristen Taylor

HUD Homes Dept 240-437-4883

They just tried this scam on me I am so glad we have Google. It's always a good rule of thumb is it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Unsure!All lead generators utilize the info they're given.

Plenty of disconnected numbers, people not interested, others not qualified or have unrealistic expectations, but if just one becomes a sale, then it may be worth it.Just saying....

I just recieved this message:

Hello;

My name is Alex McGinley, and I'm looking for an agent in your local area to partner with a lender and work with home buyers looking to purchase.We are only looking for One agent and One lender per county.

If you are interested in working with our buyers, please contact me directly at your earliest convenience to hear about the opportunity.

Thank you, Alex McGinley Area Specialist HUD Homes Dept 240-437-3977 Thank God I decided to do my research.Thank you all for your information.

For the person that posted that it's like Zillow, I'd take Zillow over HudHomes any day.No ROI and I had clients state they had no idea how I got their info.

Darlene Gopalan advised the prospect would be pre-qualified prior but not the case.I would absolutely advise newer agents to pass.

Brigham City, Utah, United States #1344858

glad you posted this, I have this too from:

Kristen Taylor

HUD Homes Dept

240-437-4883

Orem, Utah, United States #1342072

I just got the same email from a new name: Kristen Taylor.

They use a phone system so you'll never actually hear the voice of the person they are impersonating. I'm confident all these people don't exist, someone is just sending out emails en masse and hoping to get a response.

Don't sign up!

to Anonymous #1359336

its no difference from zillow or realtor or boomtown or anyone we generates leads ...theres is good there is bad and everything else you have to take them all and work with it

Orlando, Florida, United States #1337049

I was approached today with this scam, and am awfully happy I researched this and found the info here. The email and supposedly direct phone number was from:

Camry Geathers

240-855-0334

Hud Homes Dept.

Paterson, New Jersey, United States #1321545

This is still going on. Be wary of Liz Queen. I'm based on NYC Metro.